Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Less is More, and Faster!

944 on Ferrari I know I’ve really been neglecting content on the Porsche front. Today, we received in the mail some pictures from Rob and my Dad’s day at Laguna Seca December 7th. Here is Rob’s favorite picture. Notice he's glued to the ass of a $300K Ferrari. Not bad for an $8K purchase. Although I will say that Rob is a great driver, and there is no way that I could keep up with him, even if I had the Ferrari.

Hooked on Driving is having upcoming Laguna Seca track days, and there is still space available for beginning and advanced drivers. It’s not cheap (around $300) but less expensive than a speeding ticket, and you won’t risk killing anyone getting your thrills on. HOD is this awesome group that organizes track days and driver's education. They stress that it is Hooked on Driving, not Hooked on Racing. The idea is to learn what your car can do, and how to handle it. Very important to know how to control your car in a spin. Most people only get this opportunity when they're on the freeway in an emergency situation.

No comments: