Tuesday, December 25, 2007

FrankinBeans


Beans Profile, originally uploaded by kiskaicard.

Merry Christmas! I got a wonderful surprise present this year. My parents, Rob, Haley, Violet and I went on a Christmas walk to Stern Grove. As we were walking to the field, I see two beautiful bulldogs getting into a SUV. I noticed that one of them was white, with a little Buddha mark on his forehead. Sort of quietly I mentioned to Rob, “That looks like Beans.” His mom responded that it was!

Beans was a dog Rob and I fostered shortly after Layla died. He was the first bulldog that I had ever seen come into our shelter. He had awful skin, and was quite stressed in the kennels. He never even spent a night there, I immediately started fostering him. He stayed with us for about a week, and Northern California Bulldog Rescue accepted him, paid for him to have his palette shortened, and then found him this home. This lovely couple also had another brindle bulldog rescue named Cookie. It is just the best feeling to see these great dogs, living great lives with their great people.

No comments: