Wednesday, November 7, 2007

2 Dog Night

On the Porsche front, just like the stereotype our 944 is currently in the shop. Now to be fair my Porsches have never left me stranded or failed mechanically, and we bought this car for 1K. The ball-joints on the left side were completely shot, and the right ones were on their way out. We should get it back on “Friday.” I’m somewhat pessimistic about this coming Friday, as there was no date attached when the mechanic said “Friday.” As long as it’s ready for the December 7th. My father is coming from Texas to drive on the Laguna-Seca raceway. I certainly wouldn’t want him to do it in our Lexus; I can only afford one car in the shop at a time. Here’s a picture of me at Laguna-Seca on Valentine’s Day, in my 928S4.


KitKat’s gone to her new home. She was picked up before I came home from work, so there wasn’t a tearful goodbye. I think it’s important to point out that KitKat is her pseudo-name. Not only do I really not like her previous name, I don’t want her former “guardians” to find her. I called her KitKat because after all, she is a chocolate covered wafer. Maybe her new parents will decide to call her Kate Moss (they don’t seem too keen on her given name either.) Anyway, I’m a little sad of course. Violet is elated! She’s so happy and is letting us know how happy she is to be the center of the universe again. That’s OK, we trimmed her nails this evening. At least now I don’t hear her joyfully clicking around the house.

1 comment:

Susan Barnes said...

Bitter-sweet. Very exciting and sweet about December 7th. I hope the car is ready on Friday. Sorry you had to say good-bye to Kit-Kat. That's the bitter part. Very sad.

Hope everything works out well for everyone.