Saturday, November 24, 2007

Let it Snow, in El Paso

This is my parent's house in El Paso, Texas this morning. It's normally a huge dust bowl, and I guess today it's a huge frozen dust bowl. The downsides to El Paso are numerous, although it was just ranked second as the "Safest Big City in America". I guess when Mexico is that close why break American laws?

We're heading down to the SF International Car Show at Moscone Center. Since we'll be downtown, I want to stop by and see the windows. 51 cats have found homes so far in the first week of Macy's SF/SPCA Holiday Windows. That's a 25% increase from last year so far.

Pet Food Express sponsored a wonderful segment about the windows that ran on CBS 5 last night. They are truly a first class animal supply company and have quality gift items for your beloved furry friend. My favorite dog toys to give are the "Egg Babies". They are stuffed animals that hold "eggs" inside their stomachs. Dogs seem to get satisfaction in removing the eggs, and my lab doesn't rip them apart like she does other stuffed toys . You can even buy just a package of eggs; which contain 3 egg squeaky toys and retails for only four bucks!

2 comments:

Susan Barnes said...

Wow! I didn't know it snowed anywhere in Texas! Nice promotional placement from Pet Food Express too. You are on a roll. I am so excited that you are keeping up the blog.

Kiska Icard said...

Thank you Susan! This is all because of you. Our windows come up #6 organically on Google, if you just type in "Holiday Windows". Keep teaching, the world needs more people like YOU!